Back Off!


Back Off !


This weekend I had the pleasure of appearing on stage at the Reading Fringe Festival with the incredible Blue Goat Theatre Company from Dusseldorf. Acting is a passion and the small part I got to do had left me in an euphoric glow all the way home. 

A couple of miles from home though my happy little bubble was burst by a Mini Clubman sitting 5 feet off my back wheel, so close that I grabbed a handful of throttle then hauled the Africa Twin into the first driveway to let the murderous idiot go past. 

They seemed confused by this, slowing as they went by, pulling in, and when I just sat waiting for them to get going, actual flashed their hazard lights to say thanks! 

At this point you may have been just about to shake your head mutter "morons" and look to the next post, but then! "Dave, an Africa Twin ? You're a Harley guy!" Yes I am, and I'm on the Twin because I got a new Harley, a beautiful red Sport Glide. It's in the shop, has been for a month because 24 hours after we collected it this happened.




The eagle eyed will notice neither vehicle has a number plate, the silver you can see under the mudguard is mine his was on the other side!

Traffic slowed,I showed my brake lights then slowed, he was too close to do the same. 

Tailgating has become a serious issue in the UK, especially in and around London this summer so please make sure you're giving everyone enough room, and BACK OFF!

Comments

Popular Posts