I'm going to polish my bike.

I'm going to go polish my bike.


In Italy people are singing to each other from their windows
I can't sing
On YouTube funny people are filming funny things to make us laugh
I'm only funny to look at
Poets and writers and artists are sharing their beauty online
I can't draw a pint
What I can do is polish my bike
And smile (from a safe distance) at my neighbor and his son
banished for another solitary walk with the pushchair by his wife's conference call
Nod over the fence to the old boy who tells me about the BSA he had
Every time I do, and ask about her in doors and how they're getting on
I can polish my bike
And say hello to passing strangers
(from a safe distance)
Who might live alone, it might be the only chat they have today
I'm going to go polish my bike.

Comments

Popular Posts